Stay Tuned for continuing news on NOCF’s 2018 Raffles.
2018 Fall Raffles
Tickets Go on Sale: October 15, 2018 (12:00am)
Drawing: November 25, 2018 (11:50pm)
- Winners need not be present to win
- Winners’ names (plus city/state/country) will be posted at: http://novaopenfoundation.org/past-winners
- Winners will be notified by email – using their PayPal email address no later than Tuesday, 10/27
- Winners must verify their mailing address before NOCF can ship
The NOVA Open Charitable Foundation (NOCF) will host a Silent Auction at the NOVA Open Tabletop Wargaming Convention each year. For all NOCF on-site auctions and raffles, winners must be present to win. Please consider attending the NOVA Open and join us and bid on valuable prizes. The rules regarding the actual Silent Auction can be found below. Proceeds benefit The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Silent Auction Rules
The silent auction will close promptly at 2:00pm EST on Sunday, September 3, 2017.
- To make a bid for a NOVA Open Charitable Foundation (NOCF) Silent Auction item, simply mark your name, convention ID # and the amount you wish to bid on the corresponding sheet or next to the amount you wish to bid if it is preset.
- The opening bid on each item must be at least the minimum price listed. Each subsequent raise must follow the increment listed. Any bids not adhering to this format will be declared invalid and voided. If a name is crossed out, that bid will be considered null.
- There is no “upper limit” for your bids! If the bid sheet is full, please turn it around and continue on the back (or request a second sheet from an NOCF Silent Auction Volunteer) continuing to adhere to the increment set on the item.
- Once the auction is declared closed, the last bid entered on the bid sheet that adheres to the designated increment shall constitute the winning bid and will be so marked. The Auction Committee will mediate any disputes among bidders and that determination shall be final.a
- Winners Lists will be prepared after the closing of the Silent Auction. This process may take anywhere from 1-2 hours. Please be patient; expect lists by 4:00pm EST.
- The list of winners will be posted in the NOCF area and invoices will be available at the “NOVA Open Charitable Foundation” desk. Staff will ask for your ID and item number; please have your NOVA Open badge on for verification. Once your payment has been processed, volunteer staff will retrieve your item.
- Auction item purchases are final. No returns or exchanges will be issued, nor is it possible for expiration dates to be extended. All provisions listed in the certificates are subject to availability.
- Auction item purchases are tax-deductible only if the winning bid exceeds the fair market value of the item (listed on the invoice). The tax-deductible amount is the winning bid minus the fair market value. Silent Auction cashiers can provide you with receipts upon request.
- Auction item transactions are considered cash donations to the NOVA Open Charitable Foundation and not purchases for tangible or intangible items.
- NOCF provides no guarantees, warranties or servicing of auction items and is not liable for any personal injury or damage to property that may result from the use of the item or service sold.
- Items must be picked up at the event and taken away by purchaser on the spot. Any items left behind must be picked up by the purchaser at the location in where item is held. Delivery arrangements may be made by purchaser by providing a valid credit card and/or courier account payable to purchaser. The NOCF will not incur any shipping and delivery fees on behalf of purchaser.
- We accept cash and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express).