Purchase raffle tickets for this army here.
The Horus Heresy (AKA Warhammer 30K) has really been gaining a lot of momentum over the last few years, so we decided it was high time we put some of the Artist Consortium on painting up some beautiful (and impactful) Horus Heresy-era armies.
This Sons of Horus army is made from a mix of Forgeworld resin models and GW plastic models. It runs around 2,000 points once tricked out with the various upgrades and wargear items.
The army contains the following (and the artists are listed in parentheses):
• Legion Centurion in Terminator Armour (Ken Webb)
• Justaerin Terminator Squad with Multi Melta (Ken Webb)
• Legion Quad Launcher (Sean Fulton) with Drop Pod (Dave Taylor)
• Legion Tactical Squad with Drop Pod (Dave Taylor)
• Legion Tactical Squad (AJ Taflan) with Drop Pod (Dave Taylor)
• Leviathan Siege Dreadnought (Brian Moll)
• Dreadnought Drop Pod (Ryan Kimmel)
• Kharybdis Assault Claw (Joe Johnson)
Lord of War
• Horus, The Warmaster, using the Orbital Assault Rite of War (Michelle Blastenbrei)
This is a pretty brutal army, with its ability to deliver all of its models via deep strike (in one of the various drop pods or teleportation). Your opponent will need to spread out their firepower to cover all bases, which gives you an advantage of reducing the intensity in any concentrated area of the battlefield.
While the entire army looks great, we must point out that Joe Johnson spent a LOT of time on wiring up the Kharbydis Assault Claw for lighting. He has very cunningly hidden the battery storage in the heart of the pod, accessed through the engine exhaust at the top. This really adds to the centerpiece of an army filled with centerpieces.
This army really is great for both veteran Horus Heresy players and those completely new to games in the Age of Darkness.